We kicked off the 2016 Open with a glute frying, burner of a workout. This was the longest workout in the history of the Open and consisted of a never before seen movement (overhead lunges) along with two staples of CrossFit training (burpees and chest to bar pull ups). We had some amazing efforts from everyone. Countless people stepped up their game and did the prescribed 95/65 lbs or did chest to bar pull ups for the first time in a workout. Some highlights from the first week of the Open included:
- Paru crushing chest to bar pull ups and getting multiple rounds in the first class of the day
- Eron and Nicole with a head-to-head couples match up that ended in a tie. How cute!
- Ana kicking off her first ever Open workout and pushing hard through all 20 minutes
- Coach Sam went from zero chest to bar pull ups to 48 in one year. Consistency is key!
- Jenn making the lunges look easy and getting an RX score of 18
(Click the photos to scroll through more)
This is what the Open is all about! Working hard and doing things that perhaps you didn’t think you were capable of. We have four more weeks of this. Make sure to come every Friday at 530pm even if you were unable to make it the first week. Chances are we are safe and there will be no more lunges or twenty minute workouts. Hopefully…