What: This is a combination Throwdown and Holiday party. The Throwdown will consist of 3-4 tests of fitness. These will be accessible to everyone but still provide a great challenge to more advanced athletes. We will celebrate all of our accomplishments right after with the Holiday party.
Who: Everyone should make it out for this. Workouts will be set up so that everyone can participate. Programming over the next month will be geared towards the Throwdown and it will be a great way to see all the progress you have made.
Where: CrossFit 414, duh
When: The Throwdown will start at noon on Saturday, December 12th. Anticipate the workouts taking 3-4 hours. Immediately following the last heats we will transition into our Holiday party.
Why: This is the most important part! We have been running this Charity Challenge for the past two years. Last year we raised a total of $1405 and gave it all to charity. This year our charity of choice is Pathfinders Milwaukee. They work to empower youth and change lives in Milwaukee through four core initiatives: housing and shelter, education, family engagement and youth empowerment. Read more about them at their website!
The suggested entry donation for the Charity Challenge is $25. Of course, you can give as much or as little as you would like. You can give cash or write a check out to Pathfinders Milwaukee the day of. Also, see below for a list of goods that Pathfinders sent us. Bring any items that you can and we will deliver them all to Pathfinders Milwaukee.
· Milwaukee County Transit System adult standard fare bus tickets*
· Men’s & women’s clothing (jeans, pants, tops) in plus sizes: 2XL & up*
· Men’s & women’s winter jackets (large sizes), hats, gloves, mittens & scarves
· Scrubs & sweats (tops & bottoms, all sizes)*
· Men’s boxers: medium-XXL size; t-shirts (all colors & white): small to XXXL*
· Women’s bikini and boy short undies: size 8 and up especially; bras/sports bras: size 38 and up*
· Men’s & women’s no-show socks (all sizes): bright colors for women, black & white for men*
· Men’s & women’s body wash and deodorant*
· Non-perishable food: Cereal, canned goods (fruit especially), mac & cheese, pasta, hamburger helper, Ramen noodles*
· Art supplies (beads, string, canvas board, tag board, sketchbooks, paper, tempera paint, markers, paint brushes, pastels & drawing supplies, t-shirts)
· Clock radios, pad locks
· Flash drives
· Journals & date books
· Basketballs, footballs, etc.
Office & School Supplies:
· Pencils, #2 (yellow/fancy/any), pens*
· Basic school supplies (wide rule filler paper, notebook paper & composition books)*
· Pocket folders (no clips)
· Tape, glue sticks, dry erase markers, erasers
Housewares & Household Supplies:
For Q-BLOK, Drop-In Center, Shelter
· Laundry detergent, dryer sheets, tissues, toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, paper plates, plastic cutlery *
· Bath towels, hand towels & face cloths, kitchen towels & dish cloths, pot holders
· Bed linens (twin size), including sheet sets, blankets, comforters, pillows, mattress pads & mattress covers
· Dishes (plastic), flatware, cooking utensils, Tupperware/glassware with lids
· Pots & pans, toaster/toaster ovens, microwaves, coffee makers
· Dish racks, dish soap
· Cleaning supplies (sponges, all-purpose cleaners)
· Brooms & dustpans, Swiffer sweeper & refills
· Waste basket & bags, laundry baskets
· Portable fans
For Rosalie Center& Drop-In Center
· Onesies, sleepers, socks (0-4T), clothes (18 months-2T), bibs, underwear sizes 2-6*
· Potty chairs*
· Bottle brushes* & bottles
· Diapers-all sizes, wipes, Pull-ups
· Baby lotion, powder, wash & shampoo, A&D ointment, basic supplies
· Baby food, infant formula
· “Avent” Soothie pacifiers (0-3 month)
· Toys for 0-3 month old babies