I hope that in the past several weeks I’ve inspired you to start thinking more about food and nutrition and if so, then I want you to be armed with healthy, free recipe resources. What follows are some of my favorite food blogs that I have been following and cooking from for years. I’ve also listed specific recipes that I always come back to.
Paleomg – simple, straightforward paleoish recipes. This was the first food blog I started following and I always come back to it.
- Pizza Spaghetti Pie – most popular recipe on her site for a reason..
- Easy Breakfast Casserole – I make this almost weekly.
- Pecan Coconut Butter – addictive sweet treat and super simple to make!
- Sweet Curried Cauliflower Soup – the first homemade soup I ever made. Simple and delicious!
Fed and Fit – foolproof paleo recipes that are creative and flavorful with a minimal amount of ingrendients!
- Chorizo Sheet Pan Breakfast
- Curried Green Bean Salad
- Spaghetti Squash Chow Mein – seriously tastes like Chinese takeout..
- Plantain Sausage Breakfast Casserole – if you’re a fan of plantains this recipe is a MUST.
Nomnompaleo – more complex, technical recipes with step-by-step images that are always great.
- Beet Hummus – make it before beet season is over.
- Instant Pot Kalua Pig
- Instant Pot Carnitas
- Sweet Potato Cashew Dip – an appetizer for your next Packer party!
I own many of these author’s cookbooks as well so let me know if you ever want to borrow one!
Workout of the Day:
Every 3 minutes for 4 total rounds:
Row/Airdyne 15 calories
10 Barbell Facing Burpees
Max Push Press (115/75 lbs) with remainder of time
*at 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00 transition immediately back to Rower/Airdyne*